Summer Business Proposition

As most people already know, I used to work at a delightful little jewellery shop, La Jewellery. It's situated in Ludlow, Shropshire, on Corve Street. I had the pleasure of working with jewellery designer Lisa Anne for two years who helped me to grow and see the world in a completely new way... I left La Jewellery to focus on my exams at the start of June, but I always pop in to see her smiley face! It was on that day that I showed her my final pieces for my Summer College Exhibition and she asked for them to be exhibited in the boutique! I was completely overwhelmed that someone could want to exhibit my work in their shop that I could not stop smiling!

Lisa Anne's business proposition was that I could exhibit a selection of my photographs in her jewellery boutique if I designed a poster advertising it's whereabouts and a biography. It's now four days later and I have my poster design! (And a business / contact card design...)


To the left is a screen grab of my potential poster design. I have included my name in large, bold lettering to draw attention to it, the type of work I am creating ("Contemporary Photography"), the location of the exhibition, and my contact details (email and Instagram web address). These are the conventions of a poster for an exhibition - I didn't want to make the poster too crowded as I wanted to attention to mainly be focused on the image in the background. The image is one of my own, and will be a photograph in the exhibition.


To the left now is a screen grab of my potential business / contact card. I have included the same information as the on the poster, but as the card will include the front and back, I have been able to show eight other photographs on the back side of the card. I have done this so as potential customers and employers can see what I am capable of, and also, what my style of photography is. As you can see, I am not a photographer of people. I take photographs of buildings and objects; contemporary and still life.



This is what interests me the most about photography as many people just assume I am a photographer of people, but people are actually very difficult to photograph. They move, fidget, talk and don't like certain angles of their face when captured. So even though I may ADORE a photograph, they may despise it because of the angle... Objects, they don't move and they don't say "Ugh, I really don't like that angle. Delete it!" Objects and buildings aren't picky - that's why I love photographing them.

I will update you on the success of my poster and cards in the next couple of days... Stay tuned!

http://www.lajewellery.co.uk/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog!

AS Graphic Design - Final Pieces